Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Honor your father and mother....Part 2

Part 2. My dad. Where does the honor begin and end?? Where does the repect begin and end??

As you, my friends know, my dad and I have a weird relationship. I call, he lets me down, I pick myself up and go right back for more. I've decided over the past few weeks that enough is enough. I'm done making the effort. Isn't that what I've done with others? Quit making the effort? I want people to want to see us. I make the effort with those that return the respect. I am tired of making excuses to myself and my kids. My dad is an hour and a half away. An afternoon. A Dora and a Sesame Street. I'm tired of getting my hopes up that he's coming to visit or going to do something with us or for us and then getting hammered with letdown.

I'm beginning to wonder if the honor and respect were ever even there.

2 comments:

EKWisdom said...

I think the honor thy mother and father, should be recipricated with "honor thy family". He is the one not showing you respect. Not the other way around. You've tried, time and time again, you've tried.

4rosies said...

Thank you. I love you