Monday, January 19, 2009

The Letter Game

Letter assignment game:

The basic idea: leave a comment on this post for a letter assignment and I'll assign you one. Then you write about 10 things you love that begin with your assigned letter. Post it on your blog and when people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on. Go.

My letter is "S"....here goes.

Sid's Diner...what's not to love. Onion fried burgers, Dr. Pepper that tastes just like the burgers smell, chili cheese coney with slaw, and fries with mayo. YUM

Sweet tea...especially on a hot summer day. The more the sweet, the better.

Sandals...I love feet. Show them off.

Sundays...means church with great friends and a great pastor. Also, means naps. I love lazy Sunday afternoons. Nothing to do, but be with the ones I love most.

Summer...HOT. I hate being cold, so what's more to love than summer. Summer was made for me.

Snap-shots...My favorites are old ones of when we were little. I love re-living the memories of growing up.

Salt...who doesn't keep salt on the dinner table? Everything tastes better when you doctor it up with salt.

Shopping...more for others than myself. Sure I can always find something for myself, but more often than not, I find something that I'm sure one of my friends/family would love.

Soda...especially when my bff, Liz, says the word. She's lived up North and adds just the perfect twang to it. My favorite "soda" is Dr. Pepper. I would give my right arm for a syrupy (is that a word) Dr. Pepper.

Sparky...Brent. When I met him, he was and still is obsessed with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It is a ritual that from Thanksgiving night until Christmas night we watch that movie. Also his goal in life is to have "Christmas Vacation" Christmas lights, so therefore he has earned the name, "Sparky"

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Great job! I would have to argue that Robert's is better than Sid's but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

CP~ said...

nice job! Everyone looks at me crooked here in Minnesota because I say "soda" instead of pop...I think I may have learned "soda" from Aunt Betsy...and/or her kids. I think it sounds much better than "pop". AND on more than one occasion I have been accused of adding a Southern accent to it...that's because I learned it from Southerners and everything is more fun to say with a Southern accent!
Very fun "s" words!

Amanda said...

I have NEVER said "soda"....not even with a cool southern drawl...everything's "coke" even if it's a root beer...if that doesn't make sense, you ain't kuntry!!!

EKWisdom said...

You're right. I do say soda with a classic twist that is hard to recreate. Especially when I'm having a soda on my sofa. ;)

CP~ said...

apparently I stand corrected...