Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Mother's Love

My dear friends, R & K welcomed their wonderful baby boy into this world last night at 7:13 pm. As I watched them with their new bundle, I couldn't help but go back to the day that each one of my bundles were welcomed. I knew from that day on, my life would never be the same.
A mother's love is like no other. Everyone has a mother. My kids have me. I have my kids. I always knew that I wanted children of my own, but I never understood what my mom meant when she would say "Someday when you have kids, you'll understand"...boy was she right. I have this amazing love and admiration for my kids. They are my reason for breathing. Everything I do affects them in some shape or form. I think about everything now. Before I did what I wanted, when I wanted. Now, I do what they want, when they want. I can't wait for my daughter to grow up and have children of her own and know the love that I have for her.
As I watch my friend with her new baby, I will see her learn the mother's love. I believe no one gets it until you hold that precious baby that God has intrusted you to take care of. I believe God is loaning me the most amazing kids ever!!

No comments: