Monday, June 23, 2008

Brother Brent


Brent and I joined Emmanuel Baptist Church 2 weeks ago. I was raised in a Baptist church so I baptised by immersion when I was 12. Brent was raised in a Methodist Church so he had never been baptised by immersion. These are pictures of last Sunday evening.
When Brent and I decided to join the church we talked about him being baptised by immersion. He struggled with the decision because he didn't want people to think that he had never been saved. He has. He was raised in Wesley United Methodist Church in El Reno by 2 Godly parents that showed him God's path to follow. He decided on his own to go ahead with the baptisim by immersion.
Brother David joked after that he was afraid that Brent was going to float and that he might have to push him under. But he told Brent, "don't be scared." Ha...When he told this story Sunday night in church I thought he meant because Brent was so much bigger than he was, but actually he said that because the robes that they wore are heavy material and they tend to make people float.
Brent did great and didn't float......I love you Brent!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats B-Thomas! Hope you didn't pee in the pool!